Long Beach, CA Manual Mill Tutor wanted

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

boblong

Long Beach, CA Manual Mill Tutor wanted

Post by boblong »

Hi guys,

Mill - SIEG X2D Mini Mill (Acquired from little machine shop in Pasadena along with a Tooling Package, can provide links to both if needed)
Experience - Beginner (I understand how to operate it, I've milled some stuff but nothing fancy)
Material - I will only work with Alum - 6061 - 7075 and plastics, never steel or anything higher.

Looking for a hands on tutor if that exists, I know in this realm everyone says read books and check youtube. I am doing that but I am the type of person who learns better from hands on and would like to fast track to the certain skills I need. I would like to learn how to mill airsoft toy slides. I have pictures that I can provide if need a better understanding but basically I just want to customize airsoft toy slides.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information.
whateg0

Re: Long Beach, CA Manual Mill Tutor wanted

Post by whateg0 »

If you pay for my airfare and accommodations, I'll do it! Good luck. Nothing beats good hands-on training.
boblong

Re: Long Beach, CA Manual Mill Tutor wanted

Post by boblong »

whateg0 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 pm If you pay for my airfare and accommodations, I'll do it! Good luck. Nothing beats good hands-on training.
If I was rich I sure would and yes, I definitely agree with you about nothing beats a good hands on training.