Plaza Machinery current contact

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Evans

Plaza Machinery current contact

Post by John Evans »

Anybody have a current email address for Plaza Machinery in Vt.? Or phone number ?
TIA ,John
www.chaski.com
Bob D.

Re: Plaza Machinery current contact

Post by Bob D. »

Plaza Machine is no more. Joe passed away. No idea what happened to all of the equipment and there was a lot of it.
Really enjoyed visiting with Joe. He was a wealth of info.

Bob
3/4" Juliet II 0-4-0
3/4" Purinton Mogul "Pogo"
3/4" Hall Class 10 wheeler
3/4" Evans Caribou/Buffalo 2-8-0
3/4" Sweet Violet 0-4-0
3/4" Hunslet 4-6-0
3/4" Kozo A3. Delayed construction project

1 1/2" A5 Camelback 0-4-0
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

Well Bob the last info I have was his Son was taking over,just waiting for probate to clear,this was as of last fall. My old email for them bounced back as NG.Dealt with Joe several times ,a bit slow but he always came through.
www.chaski.com
Bob D.

Post by Bob D. »

John,
If you find anything out be sure to pass it on. I had a few more "wants" that I didn't get my last visit a few months before the end. The buildings were just packed with stuff. I think Joe was the only one who knew what was there and where. His son will have a job figuring out the inventory......I know the listings that were online were way out of date. I figured it all went auction.....

Bob
3/4" Juliet II 0-4-0
3/4" Purinton Mogul "Pogo"
3/4" Hall Class 10 wheeler
3/4" Evans Caribou/Buffalo 2-8-0
3/4" Sweet Violet 0-4-0
3/4" Hunslet 4-6-0
3/4" Kozo A3. Delayed construction project

1 1/2" A5 Camelback 0-4-0
RMinMN

Post by RMinMN »

John Evans wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:30 pm Well Bob the last info I have was his Son was taking over,just waiting for probate to clear,this was as of last fall. My old email for them bounced back as NG.Dealt with Joe several times ,a bit slow but he always came through.
Probate can take a long time, depending on what is included. We're over 2 years and might get it finished next month. For some it takes much longer.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Probate is a stupid idea and should be avoided as much as possible.

Taking over a business from a person who doesn't prepare you is also fun. If there is an up side to my dad's dementia, it's that I had to assume control of everything while he was still here and capable of providing information.

Everybody dies. Get your kids ready to control your assets or accept the fact that they will cut each other's throats and lose most of what you leave them.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Steve, boy ain't that the truth.