End mills my choice small lot OR? ???

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Evans

End mills my choice small lot OR? ???

Post by John Evans »

Picked up another lot of endmills today and have a question for you guys [my buyers] I have always put together a small lot for fixed price shipped.But, would you guys rather cherry pick sizes/styles you want need? If you want to cherry pick it will take more time on my end so the prices will be a little higher to cover my extra time/effort . I have sizes from 1/32 to 1" did not see any shanks over 3/4 .
SO WHAT SAY YOU ? my choice or yours ???? I can see I have a day or 2 sorting this mess out . :(
John
www.chaski.com
ctwo

Re: End mills my choice small lot OR? ???

Post by ctwo »

I will check my inventory and see where there are holes.
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

John: What would a typical "my choice" be? A variety of sizes? Bunch of small ones? A few large ones?
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

At the moment I have 1/32 to 1-1/8 shanks no bigger than 3/4 ,2-4 and multi flute on some of the larger sizes. Most single end but a few doubles,some of those only have one good end. Most fall in the 3/16-3/4 size range. Haven't finished sorting yet as there is over 500 pieces in this lot. HSS and some 8% Cobalt ones also going to have some carbide. 99% plus are USA the Chinese I'm going to scrap most likely. Haven't seen many resharps in this lot. Like I said taking orders for specific sizes and types adds a lot of time even for a old retiree so gotta be worth something .After the first sort then I'll sort to size ranges to make life a little easier if selling to size type orders. That is why I posted the question ,random lots is lots easier for me.
www.chaski.com
Rolland

Post by Rolland »

I would have use for 1/16 through 3/8 at this point. I am scaling down
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

Well I have come to a decision, it will be MY choice . Otherwise I would need to break the lot into 20-30 boxes in order to make pulling to order doable and that would also that too much time. See the for sale area.
Thanks,John
www.chaski.com