unique water pump

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

tornitore45

Re: unique water pump

Post by tornitore45 »

Considering the main thrust of all this shenanigan is to disseminate conspiracy theory with an undertone of discontent. Considering the present climate of fakery on the web, I would not be surprised if this was not the new Russian approach, now that the popular FB and Twitter are clamping down.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

That's certainly worthy of consideration.
We have to be careful (on this board) to resist any discussions that involve politics (this is not directed at you, Mauro, but is intended to support your thoughts), but the climate created by the current administration certainly must be considered. What better way to conquer a nation than to get it divided, with factions warring with one another. If we're not wise, we'll lose control of our country without a shot being fired.

I, as a moderator, will not stand idly by while readers are insulted by individuals who wish to spread their beliefs, generally not true. By sharp contrast, I don't want to be seen as a censor, as I truly believe each of us has a right to be heard. Freedom of speech is one of the things that make this country what it is.

However, it must be used with some semblance of wisdom. It is my opinion that no one has the right to shout "FIRE" in a crowded theater when there is no fire.

I'm up to my ears with the lack of civility shown of late by our (governmental) leader. That isn't going to be tolerated on this board, not so long as I have a say. I expect each and every reader to be treated with respect.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

Another conspiracy theory. This sort of crackpottery has been around forever and has not gotten more common recently.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

reubenT wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:44 pm OK, no more on the theories. I guess I just know too much about stuff I'm not supposed to know about, I should learn to not talk about it because no one wants to hear.
Have you considered the possibility that you believe that which isn't true? If what you claim to be true is real, there should be sources that can be provided to back your belief. It's no secret that the story of a carburetor that delivers unbelievable mileage has been stifled, and for a huge array of reasons. That story has been around as long as I can remember. So have stories of flying saucers. A rational human being will evaluate the possibility, and consider the science, or lack thereof, of the viability of the concept. This one doesn't pass the sniff test. Not in any way. Most likely because it simply isn't true. That means it is akin to misinformation, something that I won't tolerate on this board. Especially when insults are hurled towards those who refuse to accept your comments as being true.
Can I report actual physical and electrical measurements when the device is operational and tested? or is that forbidden as well?
You are free to post ANYTHING YOU WISH on this board, so long as it isn't amongst the topics that are not acceptable, and is done politely. That means you are not free to post political garbage, nor religious dogma, and you are not free to insult readers. None of those will be tolerated, and being banned for violating any of them is a distinct possibility.
It's just a different kind of water pump, I think it is an interesting concept that needs to be tried and detailed measurements made on it. And I will have to make my own gas/air valves since I'm not going to buy them for hundreds of dollars apiece.
You've missed the point, I think. Readers have suggested to you that your concept violates the rules of physics. You seem to think they're wrong. If you have strong feelings that the thoughts you have are correct, and the readers are wrong, the wise way to prove your point is to experiment, and provide evidence that what you did, and are doing, works. Most importantly, it must be repeatable, yielding similar results, even when attempted by others. If you can do that, sure, post away. Tell us all about it, and include as much information as you see fit. But, in the mean time, do not insult readers who tend to be rational thinkers and have respect for the work that has gone before them by well schooled individuals who have respected the rules of science, rules that are not made by man, but observed by man. Rules that are, thus far, known to be true. The rules of physics.

Who knows? Maybe you'll be the guy who changes all that. We shall see.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

Since the times of Galileo, the scientific method came into standard practice to weed the truth from quackery.
It has worked very well and served humanity immensely.
The claims reported do not hold up to revision by the scientific method.
Assuming an inventor has a "disruptive" technology that would curtail the profits of the powerful oil business, and assuming this inventor receives life threats all he has to do, in this case, is fly to a country where oil saving technology would be welcome. Japan for example.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
reubenT

Post by reubenT »

Sorry if what I said was seen to be an attack on anyone, not meant that way. Once in awhile I see my German blunt nature pop up and realize it only afterwards.
My momma taught me to never make decisions quickly, always make sure all the evidence is in before drawing any conclusions for or against anything. That's a mistake many people make, drawing conclusions too quick, not waiting and searching to collect all the info on the subject first. I've done my homework and have all the backup proof anyone could ask for on oodles of stuff. 40 years of research and experimentation can't be handed out in a few posts on a internet discussion group, which is why I'm not trying to provide all the references for everything. And sometimes I forget most people are where I was 40 years ago in their understanding of alternative technology, and it's impossible to bring them around to my angle of understanding in one or two posts of attempted explanation, so I end up saying things that seem like hogwash to them. I have read things that seemed crazy to me sometimes, but instead of scoffing and leaving I kept investigating and eventually I come to understand.

By the way; want to know what UFO's are and how they work? There is a technical side of it. (and there's a spiritual side as well which I will steer clear of) Nicola Tesla was the inventor of the electrical technology used to build them. Other men took what he'd discovered and built on it, but had to go undercover because of political issues and world power struggles. Without getting too deep in the details of operation, basically it's a flying machine made out of a large coil and capacitor which when running at very high voltage in resonance at specific frequencies creates an energy field around it that cancels gravity, provides artificial gravitational propulsion and cancels inertia forces as well. It operates on "radient" energy, or zero point energy as some call it, which is an energy that occupies all of space in massive concentration. There's a lot more details to it's tuneup and operation, some of it I know, although I haven't tried to find out the details on how they are controlled being I have zero interest to build one myself, but that's essentially all they are. They operate out of bases underground with access underwater, and they do fly underwater as well as in the air or out in space. And as in the rest of the world, there's is plenty of evil associated with them as there is good, so those who fly them are not to be trusted too much.

From an early age back in the 70's I found technology to be very interesting stuff. I just had to find out how everything works. Been working on learning a lot of stuff about a lot of things ever since. But I like simple technology best. Steam engines are my favorite, hard to find any technology more reliable than they are for getting a few essential survival jobs accomplished. So my plan is to develop something to power greenhouses, build and run them for growing good food for myself and community, and then use wood fired steam power for everything else needed. Manufacturing my own engines from scrap with charcoal foundry and my collection of ancient metalworking machines. The more we try to rely on advanced technology, the more complicated it seems to get, and complexity leads to vulnerability. So as a society we've made ourselves exceedingly vulnerable to upset. I recognize and do not like that vulnerability and so am trying to simplify and get my own life support systems on a more solid reliable foundation. Life support is the essentials, food and warmth in winter basically, for many it includes water but my water source is pretty reliable already without doing anything to help it out. It runs out of several holes in the mountainside.
Downwindtracker2

Post by Downwindtracker2 »

I've reached an age where I've had some experiences. most things can be explained away by stupidity, not conspiracy. Or to put it another way Monty Pythons Flying Circus was reality program. I practically like the Norwegian Blue Parrot.
A man of foolish pursuits, '91 BusyBee DF1224g lathe,'01 Advance RF-45 mill/drill,'68 Delta Toolmaker surface grinder,Miller250 mig,'83 8" Baldor grinder, plus sawdustmakers
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Not a lot was learned (by the OP). This thread is now locked.

H