unique water pump

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

DianneB

Re: unique water pump

Post by DianneB »

RMinMN wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 am As an example, there is a DC line that originates in the middle of North Dakota that carries power to eastern Minnesota.
That DC path actually originates on the Nelson River in northern Manitoba! It runs to a station just outside of Winnipeg and then carries on to Forbes in N.D. (Being retired from Manitoba Hydro, our responsibility ended at Forbes LOL!)
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

DianneB wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:19 am
RMinMN wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 am As an example, there is a DC line that originates in the middle of North Dakota that carries power to eastern Minnesota.
That DC path actually originates on the Nelson River in northern Manitoba! It runs to a station just outside of Winnipeg and then carries on to Forbes in N.D. (Being retired from Manitoba Hydro, our responsibility ended at Forbes LOL!)
But they got rid of the ignitrons! Those were sooo cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-volt ... lam_MB.jpg
RMinMN

Post by RMinMN »

DianneB wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:19 am
Thanks for that info. It's interesting that the path would take it to Forbes, ND. There are much shorter paths it could have taken. Was the line split there or was that just the only path that particular line could take?
DianneB

Post by DianneB »

RMinMN wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:15 am There are much shorter paths it could have taken. Was the line split there or was that just the only path that particular line could take?
It all comes down to politics and economy and the HVDC line avoided the more populated and expensive land.
reubenT

Post by reubenT »

This post was in violation of board policy, and has been deleted, as no cites were presented.
Note that it has been copied and saved, and can be reinstated if cites are provided. Otherwise, it can safely be concluded that it is nothing short of nonsense.

Be advised----misinformation is not permitted on this board.
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

Well then, you'd best get to it. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Troll. Agree with Bill.

SteveR
12x36 Enco Lathe, 9x42 Bridgeport, SMAW, O/A, Miller MIG w/gas, plasma
Not enough measuring tools...
1.5" Allen Models Consolidation on air.
1" FEF in progress
1" & 3/4" LE Projects
I'm thankful that metal is recyclable....
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

No, not a troll. Trolls start arguments and/or post outrageous assertions so that they can then sit back and laugh at the response. People with these sorts of obsessions can behave quite rationally (as reubenT does) as long as none of their triggers get hit.
Downwindtracker2

Post by Downwindtracker2 »

Reality is a hard mistress.
A man of foolish pursuits, '91 BusyBee DF1224g lathe,'01 Advance RF-45 mill/drill,'68 Delta Toolmaker surface grinder,Miller250 mig,'83 8" Baldor grinder, plus sawdustmakers
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

As I stated in the edited post, if cites to verify the claims made are not provided, that post is going to be deleted. It is highly controversial and filled with claims that tend to be impossible to verify, and are highly unlikely to be true. Said another way, they're misinformation---and that's not what this board is for, nor is it here so less than flattering comments can be rendered towards the readership.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
reubenT

Post by reubenT »

OK, no more on the theories. I guess I just know too much about stuff I'm not supposed to know about, I should learn to not talk about it because no one wants to hear. Can I report actual physical and electrical measurements when the device is operational and tested? or is that forbidden as well? It's just a different kind of water pump, I think it is an interesting concept that needs to be tried and detailed measurements made on it. And I will have to make my own gas/air valves since I'm not going to buy them for hundreds of dollars apiece.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

I wish you luck and good fortune with this unique learning experience.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.