Bandsaw tires

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

spro

Re: Bandsaw tires

Post by spro »

It turns that I investigated my saw and found that I had put thicker black rubber tires on the wheels. The nominal size of the blade is 98" and mine are slightly more. When you place thicker tires on the rims, the entire circumference is different. My 98's barely got in there only because there was large adjustment. The reason I placed another blade at lower speed, was because it was a cast housing of aprox 6" .
Hold on, it wasn't solid cast iron facing the blade. It was a round section with fixture support. I could rotate it as needed. Slowly and very cool.
spro

Re: Bandsaw tires

Post by spro »

This does come back to band saw blade brushes. The very blade which works so well, cannot work when it is clogged. There are two or three different issues. Chips embedded into the tire +wire brush. Chips embedded in the teeth is surely a subject and I saw that they are extracted.