Syil Machines

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: Syil Machines

Post by Bill Shields »

in the CNC world you get what you pay for...which follows the first law of machining:

there are a lot of machines out there that are very good for general non-ferrous work..
and there are machines that you can beat day in and day out and they just keep on making good parts for years.

then there is the second law of machines:

The day AFTER you purchase a machine that will produce the biggest part you have ever needed to make...

A BIGGER job walks in the front door and you WISH you had purchased the next size up.

If you are making hobbyist parts and have time and patience most of these machines will fill a need.

Understand the limitations and budget accordingly.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

Well I picked the biggest machine that would fit in my workshop, it's work envelope whilst not huge is many times the size of anything I want to make and I've been planning this for some time :D

While I've been writing a post processor do deal with the Siemens Canned Cycles for my new Syil X7 I've been doing some test cuts on 316, it deals with what I need very nicely, and quiet too, probably because it has a large, heavy cast base for the column and table and has full Siemens control, servos and drives rather than being a hobby mill on a welded stand with a mix of no-name and fake components ;-)
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Which Siemens control?

Some of the new versions have a parameter that will allow them to take FANUC style drilling cycles.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

Bill Shields wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:29 pm Which Siemens control?

Some of the new versions have a parameter that will allow them to take FANUC style drilling cycles.
The Siemens 808D Advanced isn't a legacy product.