Benchmaster milling machine.

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Lewayne

Benchmaster milling machine.

Post by Lewayne »

anybody know anything about the little Benchmaster mill that's on e bay right now?
what sort of capabilities do they have, or not have? IT just has me curious.
10KPete

Re: Benchmaster milling machine.

Post by 10KPete »

I have a Benchmaster vertical. It's a small machine but nicely built. The major drawback, compared to larger machines, is that the quill is fixed. It doesn't move in a drill press fashion so drilling/spotting holds is done by raising the knee. The other unusual thing is that the knee screw extends through the base and through the bench top 6" or more so the bench must have a hole to accommodate it. That's not a problem but something you should be aware of. I use the heck out of mine and have made some mods: a slow speed pulley set-up, a spindle lock, a captured drawbar and a Fog Buster coolant system. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to finish reconditioning the slide ways to remove the years of wear. I've done about half of them so far.

Feel free to ask questions!

Pete
Just tryin'
Lewayne

Post by Lewayne »

Does it take collets? what size?
10KPete

Post by 10KPete »

Benchmasters have an MT2 spindle.

Pete