Time to have some fun!

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

RSG

Time to have some fun!

Post by RSG »

Well, I just retired from work yesterday! Time to start enjoying the shop on my terms!
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
b4autodark

Re: Time to have some fun!

Post by b4autodark »

Congratulations RSG, I highly recommend it. I have about ten years of it under my belt and still haven't run out of things to do.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose to do.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

amen,

You will always wonder why you did not go sooner. Never look back.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Agreed. I retired when I was 54. My only regret, thus far, is that it didn't happen sooner, but that was not to be.

Congrats, RSG. Now you'll have more time (with a little luck) to pursue those beautiful reels you make.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

Rule #1: DO NOT reorganize your wife's kitchen (or even try to move the hand towels).
Congratulations! You will wonder very soon, how you ever had time to go to work.
I was hired at my last job at 62 and retired at 71 and have been having fun ever since.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

Congratulations! I figure I'm going to be working until they put me in a box...
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
RSG

Post by RSG »

Thanks for the kind words guys! Four days in and I've done more than a couples of weeks worth of work in the office..... :lol:

Everyone says you'll wonder why you didn't go sooner. I'm beginning to understand.

Oh, and Earlgo! thanks for the advice, I take it this is advice coming from someone who has tried? LOL
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

RSG it was advise given to me at my retirement lunch. I thought it might be true, and after 6 years, I tried it only a couple of times, after long consultations and verifications. Just pick your battles carefully. :lol:
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
whateg0

Post by whateg0 »

earlgo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:46 am Rule #1: DO NOT reorganize your wife's kitchen (or even try to move the hand towels).
Congratulations! You will wonder very soon, how you ever had time to go to work.
I was hired at my last job at 62 and retired at 71 and have been having fun ever since.
--earlgo
Everyone I know who is retired says they are busier now than when they worked!

Dave
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

whateg0 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:36 pm Everyone I know who is retired says they are busier now than when they worked!
Dave
Yes; I just bought a new hobby. My neighbors think it's a car.
If I was working, I wouldn't have time to work.
The only trouble is that the work I do now costs money instead of earning money.
I often have to stop working because I just can't afford it.