Does This Qualify As A ODD BIT ?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Evans

Does This Qualify As A ODD BIT ?

Post by John Evans »

My cards say Odd Bits Fab & Repair, I really think making the front wheel holders to fork tubes for a kids tricycle qualifies !!! Original parts were plastic ,long time dead. And this repair is not for a kid to use ,gal says she wants to ride it around the office for stress relief ! :roll: Time consuming but not hard ,told her $130 she says $150 OK !! Repeat customer did some M/C for her one time. Kinda fun engineering a workable part ,pedals no sweat.

Day laterI get a call can I make a cover for a '39 MB car ??? I say how high is UP bring it over so I can have a look at what is needed. Shows up in a new Lexus and starts telling the cars he has restored ?? Yeah I think by signing the checks ,old boy does not have a clue mechanically . Part is a timing cover aluminum with the seal holding area broken out ,no problem right?? Not so as someone has tried to weld it melted the crap out of it 1/4" or bigger gap between the 2 pieces. And just HOW does he think I'm going to be able to get the seal area located corectly in relation to the mounting holes of the cover ?? Give me a break ! Told him bring me the block with crank in it or get on the 'net to Germany and start looking. I'm sure they made more than one of that engine series. Maybe he thought I also could walk on water . :lol:
Attachments
vise -tri 002.JPG
vise -tri 004.JPG
vise -tri 007.JPG
www.chaski.com
LIALLEGHENY

Re: Does This Qualify As A ODD BIT ?

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

"Maybe he thought I also could walk on water" Nope...but maybe hot metal chips!