marking tools

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Conrad_R_Hoffman

Re: marking tools

Post by Conrad_R_Hoffman »

You can buy colorants for epoxy. Pick a good one and mark tools with that. You can get really creative and mill a small spot and fill it with color. Fairly hard to remove, at least harder than most paints.
Conrad

1947 Logan 211 Lathe, Grizzly G1006 mill/drill, Clausing DP,
Boyar-Schultz 612H surface grinder, Sunnen hone, import
bandsaw, lots of measurement stuff, cutters, clutter & stuff.

"May the root sum of the squares of the Forces be with you."
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

Machine small pockets into non-critical areas and use coloured epoxy to bond in RFID chips, then fit scanners with alarms to all exits :D
Alternatively just inform everyone that unauthorised taking is theft and that they will be dismissed and/or prosecuted if found in unauthorised possession of anything from that tool box ;-)
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

NP317 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:45 am
BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:10 pm
earlgo wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:23 pmBuy HF tools and no-one will steal them.
Or, buy a HF tool box and put good tools in it.
Reminds me of the old advice about the safest place to store a violin is in a banjo case.
As a retired violinist I must correct that statement.
Use a viola case.
~RN
Now, now. One of my music mentors was a violist—first chair, in fact, in a famous symphony orchestra.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
spro

Post by spro »

I love a violin and cellos. There are sounds and range which can't be reproduced. It is so active and so real that we must appreciate the younger musicians who had parents who knew as well.