New Table For The Avey: Photos

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Hasler

New Table For The Avey: Photos

Post by John Hasler »

I'm replacing the little Grizzly table on my Avey frankenmill with one off of a Burgmaster mill. Photos:
burgmaster_base.jpg
burgmaster_base2.jpg
burgmaster_base3.jpg
burgmaster_end_view.jpg
burgmaster_inside_saddle.jpg
Attachments
burgmaster_base.jpg
John Hasler

Re: New Table For The Avey: Photos

Post by John Hasler »

More photos:
burgmaster_table_plus_saddle.jpg
burgmaster_table_plus_saddle.jpg
burgmaster_table_plus_saddle3.jpg
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

I'm replacing the little Grizzly table on my Avey frankenmill with one from a Burgmaster machine (Does that make it an Aveymaster or a Burgavey?). 12" x 42" table, 24" X travel, 12" Y travel. 1.25" shaft ways with two 4" linear ball bearings on each. 1.125" 5 TPI acme screws with adjustable zero backlash nuts (I can't detect any backlash using a DTI). Shipping weight was 700 lb including the pallet. It was advertised as 250-300 lb. The table weighs about 200 lb: the base is well over that. If I had access to a mag drill with some annular cutters I'd whack some chunks out of the base to lighten it. It will be bolted down to the deck of the Avey which is more massive than it is so I'm not worried that it might warp.

I made some minor modifications to the base to make it fit. Now I'm making table stops. Everything but the base is inside the shop now (and in the way!). Once I think I've got everything ready that I think I need to get it at least minimally usable I'll start making like a rigger, get the Avey relocated, get new holes drilled in it's deck, and start getting about 600 lb of steel and cast iron up on to it. I'm thinking of adding pneumatic helpers to the knee.
RSG

Post by RSG »

Cool! Show us a completed pic after full assembly!
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.