I deleted: What to See and Do in Chicago

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Forrest_Addy

I deleted: What to See and Do in Chicago

Post by Forrest_Addy »

I have moderator powers and I exercised them

Someone elected to enter a partisan political comentary and that set off an ugly land slide. This messageboard is off limits to partisan political discussion.

Partisan political posts have no place here. They cause immediate and irreparable harm to the collegial relationships of its contributors. I apoligize to you all for not clearing this up sooner.

I ask that you guys wishing to score political points to seek political fora where you can vent your views to your heart's content.

In the meatime, please start over suggesting what to see and do in Chicago.

Forrest Addy, Moderator
John

Re: I deleted: What to See and Do in Chicago

Post by John »

Thankyou Forrest! It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Ralph_P

Re: I deleted: Chicago

Post by Ralph_P »

[img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Sam_E

Re: I deleted: What to See and Do in Chicago

Post by Sam_E »

Thanks for cleaning house and taking a stand. I did not see the original message you deleted, but I am going to run blindly with this one anyway.

There are off topic posts that are tolerated and we can live with as small mindless annoyances. Others should be dealt with in a more direct manner. By removing unwanted posts that are way off topic will send a clear massage to those who maybe inclined to post off topic subjects in the future. DON'T WASTE OUR TIME! There is no reason to open up this form to non-related topics. By keeping a focused forum is not exercising censorship. As I see it, this is technically a privet forum that is open to public access. Access that is a privilege, not an entitlement. Anyone who can find their way to this forum can find their way to other places on the net where they can express themselves. I truly despise the ambush tactics people take to further their agendas.

Forrest, thank you for your fine work. I support what you did.

Sam E.