Cheap alternative - now with URL

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

JimGlass

Re: Pics with post??

Post by JimGlass »

How did you do that??

I can only send pics as an attachment?
Jim
Tool & Die Maker/Electrician, Retired 2007

So much to learn and so little time.

www.outbackmachineshop.com
Harold

Re: (My mill with cheapo DRO)

Post by Harold »

Where did you purchase that. that's pretty much exactly what I wanted to do.
Measure it with a mic, mark it with chalk, cut it with an axe!
Hanz

Re: Pics with post??

Post by Hanz »

Hi Jim-
To display the pic in the middle of the post, you have to have it hosted somewhere. In other words it has to have a URL, whether it is in your own webspace, the Dropbox, or something you saw somewhere on the net. So if you want to display the pic at this URL for example- http://www.bizarrenews.com/earhair/Earhair.jpg

You click the 'Image' button, between the Graemlins and the Font colors. A popup window will ask you for the address, which you then paste (or type) in. You can then preview it, or remove the checked box to post it. And it should look like this!

[url=http://www.hanzenginehouse.com]www.hanzenginehouse.com[/url]
Mosey

Re: Where I bought the El Cheapo DRO

Post by Mosey »

I bought mine from Shars Tools. They sell on the web and have a catalog. Ask for Cindy at their midwest location. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Mosey

Re: Best way to buy them

Post by Mosey »

Forget the caliper, as the sliders are the caliper without the jaws, and are made just for mounting on the machine. they have inch/metric button, zero button, and on/off. They remember your setting after you power off. They do it in the dark. How do they remember with the lights out?
PeteM

Re: Where I bought the El Cheapo DRO

Post by PeteM »

Mosey, Would you happen to know the Web site for Shars Tools? Tried google, but only got a mention that they supplied Reliable Tools (also of ebay fame). Thanks, Pete
Mosey

Re: Address for Shars Tools

Post by Mosey »

Try this address: www.shars.com.
Tel.:800-458-3544
What I bought is the 24" electronic digital machine display, 303-9311 for the X axis, and it mounted right in the front table stop slot using the table stop screws without any work, and for the Y axis, I got the #303-9321 which is the 12" scale with the Positron display. you can see it if you look closely in my picture. That's so I dont have to bend over and look under the table.