Does anyone have the DM45 Dovetail mill that PennTool sells?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

BobLC

Does anyone have the DM45 Dovetail mill that PennTool sells?

Post by BobLC »

The reason that I ask is that I had to remove the motor, among other things, to transport it to my basement and while I made a diagram of the wiring, it got wet and is now illegible, so, now, I need a wiring diagram. I also need to know which wires are which on the supply wire so I can install a plug. (came without a plug) I'm assuming the green wire is GRND, but, being Chinese......
Lew Hartswick

Post by Lew Hartswick »

It's pretty safe to assume the green is ground. Are the other two black and
white or brown and blue? If black and white , black is "hot" and white
"neutral" . If brown and blue (european std. because often for 220 both hot)
I'm not sure without seeing the rest of it.
...lew...
BobLC

Post by BobLC »

Yep, you called it, brown & blue. Didn't know that was the European standard. So, which is which on what pole of the plug? I can post pics if needed, but, it won't be until later on 2nite. Just let me know what you would need pix of.
BobLC

Post by BobLC »

Ok, here's a pic of the switch with wiring:

BobLC

Post by BobLC »

Problem solved! After nearly 2 weeks after requesting pix of the switch, so I could match the wires up, I finally got them! With today's technology, electronics and all, you'd think that I would have gotten them in an hour or 2. Guess they had to get the film developed. :wink: :lol: