nother new member

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

bob whitmoyer

nother new member

Post by bob whitmoyer »

Hi Folks
Just a old guy whose been lurking around for a couple months and thought I better join up so I could offer my 2 cents if I had any.
Started in machine shops in the early 60's- made wire rope stranders
and repaired rolls for printing presses , early equipment for large sewer plants, all sorts of stuff. I got to run drill presses, lathes and a lot of work
on a shaper. Off to college - career in biological sciences. Set up a small machine shop in my department - maximat V-10 based.. repair and
prototype stuff. Long time ago, got to know a fellow in Springfield Mo.
(Dave Gingery) who has just published a book on a charcoal foundry. My Son , Daughter and I did the whole metal shop from scrap with Dave and
we all learned a lot along the way (have used the shop for nearly 30 years now. Fix lawn mowers, projects of various kind, really important stuff like fixing bikes for the grandkid's. I've made enough mistakes
to qualify as something and still have all my fingers! The boss guy on the
forum said I better post something or I'd be history so I've done so..
Thanks for listening folks..I enjoy reading all the posts..
Bob Whitmoyer .. Wooster Ohio
Jose Rivera

Welcome

Post by Jose Rivera »

Welcome Bob!

Thanks for joining as your self and not a pseudo name.

I feel silly answering postings to a strange name. I guess that is the way forums operate, kind of undercover :)

Also my spell checker goes bananas with strange names.
There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa
mechanicalmagic

Post by mechanicalmagic »

Bob,
Glad you were strong armed into posting. We accept information valued at 2 cents in 1960's dollars.

Welcome.

Knowledge about times before the computer are being lost. Your perspective is becoming a lost art, please post as you feel comfortable. Rambling is common with us old folks as are mistreaks.

Gingery is a name often admired on the boards.

Dave
Every day I ask myself, "What's the most fun thing to do today."
9x48 BP clone, 12x36 lathe, TIG, MIG, Gas, 3 in 1 sheetmetal.
bob whitmoyer

Post by bob whitmoyer »

Hi Guys
thanks for the kins replys and words.. I try and help where I can
Enjoy sprin
Bob Whitmoyer