Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Splinter

Post by Splinter »

Hi to all,
I'm 43 and work in a tool and die/ cnc shop for the last 22 yrs. On weekends I help my Dad work on old gas engines and antique tractors that he goes out on weekends and buys just to give him and I something to do, lol.
If I can figure out how to post pictures, some day I will, dont know to much about PC except to turn them on.
As far as machines, that will come when I retire and I can stay out of my wife's hair. I have an eye on some stuff but I really dont have a place to store or to use it , but someday.
I think this forum is great and its very nice to meet all you guys.

Thanks

Splinter 8)
Jose Rivera

Welcome

Post by Jose Rivera »

Welcome to chaski Splinter.

Retiring and being out of your wife's hair? Good luck !! :D

As for posting pictures you need to (if large) to size them down to 800X600 pixels.

It took me a while also to get the hang of it.

You click "Add an Attachment", then "Browse" to find the folder where you keep the pictures.

If you're going to post more on that posting, then hit again "Add an Attachment", then "Browse again.

You can Preview or Submit from there on.

Have fun!
There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa
mechanicalmagic

Post by mechanicalmagic »

Splinter,
Welcome, and with your background, you should be able to provide some experience at precise techniques. Something many of us lack, since we rarely work to a print and if it goes together it's perfect.

Dave
Every day I ask myself, "What's the most fun thing to do today."
9x48 BP clone, 12x36 lathe, TIG, MIG, Gas, 3 in 1 sheetmetal.
oldvan

Post by oldvan »

Splinter,

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new here myself, and have discovered this is a friendly and helpful place. Plenty of nerds like myelf here who will gladly help with computer related things. :-)

OldVan