Kennedy roll-around deal on CL

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

PixMan

Kennedy roll-around deal on CL

Post by PixMan »

I had recently found this No. 295B 5-drawer Kennedy rolling cabinet on Craigslist. It was posted for $100 and had just the e-mail "reply to". I hoped I would be lucky, because I know that new this model is about $600. The guy called me back in about an hour and said I could have it if I got there first. I couldn't make it, so I called my dad and told him where to get it. He got there first and loaded it into his F150.

Such a great deal at $100. It's really in much better shape than it may appear, as there's just a few spots of rubbed-on paint that would rub right off with some household spray. It's dad's now, so it's not going to get cleaned. I thought that would be the best deal I'd ever get for a Kennedy roll-around.....until yesterday afternoon.

Last night, I got this one for $30.

This one's coming back to my own home, dad's shop is about full. He picked it up for me as I don't have a truck, but it doesn't have so much as a single dent. It appears to have come out of a lab. The guy selling it was a homeowner who said he bought it from his boss but no longer had room for it as he was converting his cellar to an apartment.
seal killer

Re: Kennedy roll-around deal on CL

Post by seal killer »

Pixman--

Looks like your persistence paid big dividends!

--Bill
You are what you write.