Searching all Craigslist locations

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

rog/tn

Searching all Craigslist locations

Post by rog/tn »

Craigslist is a great tool for finding great "stuff".... but very frustrating searching by individual cities.
:D Just found a new web site that allows you to search across all craigslist locations for up to 200 miles from your location.

craiglook.com

It lists items by most recently listed and gives the mileage from your zip code.
Hope this helps you find the next tool/machine for your shop.
Just remember... I have first dibs on the good stuff in Tennessee :mrgreen: .
rog/tn
jclem40c

Re: Searching all Craigslist locations

Post by jclem40c »

Searchtempest.com will do the same thing.

John
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

searchtempest has some problems - in Connecticut, if you tell it to search 25 miles from 06905 (Stamford), all you get is Long Island. Yea, it's 7 miles away, but about an hour's drive and ten bucks in tolls unless you have a boat.

It will not actually return Stamford or Westchester data (I think that it considers those part of NYC, which is 40 miles away).

Steve
Grey Rider

Post by Grey Rider »

I use crazedlist.org. Simple and effective, including RSS feeds if you're so inclined.

Ryan
Total newbie.
AllThumbz

Post by AllThumbz »

By the way, for those who don't know Ryan, he has what is, in my estimation, one of the BEST lathe restoration sites around, discussing the restoration of his SB 13" lathe.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~rcbattelle/lathe.html

I hope you will pay us a visit in the new lathe forum!

Best,

Nelson
desert joe

Post by desert joe »

Hey Rog/tn,,, How do you get this site to include or limit items to the 250 mile area you refer to? I tried several different items but kept getting items all over the country,,,,,?

I also tried to look at the crazedlist.org and I got a window that it will not work with Internet Explorer due to lack of referrers addressing. ???