The Resource Library

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

BadDog

Re: The Resource Library

Post by BadDog »

Big improvement, thanks.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
Dan_M

Post by Dan_M »

Harold - I visited the Resource Library and really appreciate the work you are doing. I find it very useful and easy to use.
Thanx,
Dan
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Dan_M wrote:Harold - I visited the Resource Library and really appreciate the work you are doing. I find it very useful and easy to use.
Thanx,
Dan
Thanks, Dan, although I am but a small part of this operation. We have a good bunch of people here, starting with the readers. Great group of people with which I am proud to be associated, to say nothing of my gratitude for Mike and Marty, who have worked hard to insure the board functions as it does.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
MachineMitch

Post by MachineMitch »

Hey Harold, thanks for posting these resources! Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm a bit of a beginner to metalworking, so these resources/tips will definitely help me out. If the forum hasn't been blocked off, then I guess it'll be extremely helpful. Huzzah! Are there perhaps tutorial videos in the mix? They helped me to get my start in woodworking when my dad and I were doing it together.

Thanks again, Harold. I'll be sure to check it out right now.:mrgreen:
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

MachineMitch wrote:Hey Harold, thanks for posting these resources! Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm a bit of a beginner to metalworking, so these resources/tips will definitely help me out. If the forum hasn't been blocked off, then I guess it'll be extremely helpful. Huzzah! Are there perhaps tutorial videos in the mix? They helped me to get my start in woodworking when my dad and I were doing it together.

Thanks again, Harold. I'll be sure to check it out right now.:mrgreen:
Mitch,

I'm pleased you're finding some of my posts useful, but, speaking only for those I have composed, there are no videos. I did provide a small number of photos, however.

Welcome to the forum. We're a laid back bunch, here, that try to be helpful.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

So, I can't find the actual 'Resource Forum' anywhere. Only this thread that says it was created somewhere. Does it still exist?

Thanks
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Here's a link to it.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewforum.php?f=44

If you look way in the lower left of any page you will see "Board Index". Just click on that and you will see all of the different forums listed there.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
iboool

Post by iboool »

This is really good and easy to find information!
STRR

Post by STRR »

This information is being placed in the Resource Library for future use. I have taken the time to expand and explain the Point Load based on Rail Size and Tie Spacing. Formulas are included.

Good Luck,
Terry
Tie Spacing Chart 2021pdf.pdf
(20.57 KiB) Downloaded 523 times