Carrier Turns Bandsaw Over in Truck

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: Carrier Turns Bandsaw Over in Truck

Post by Harold_V »

Heh! So it's not restricted to the US, eh?

Well done!

I'd have handled it much the same way. They want the money, but not the work?

People have lousy attitudes these days. All too many with an entitlement attitude.

When's the last time anyone gave you anything for free, aside from a bad time?

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Harold_V wrote:When's the last time anyone gave you anything for free, aside from a bad time?
I got a nice big hug from my grandson just this evening. Worth about a million dollars on the open market. It pretty much makes up for the bad times his father gave me while he was growing up. Doesn't seem to have gotten rid of the grey hairs the aforesaid father provided me with though. :lol:
seal killer

Post by seal killer »

Torch--

Hey! I know what you mean! :) :) :)

My grandson is just learning how to kiss people. So far, the only person he likes to kiss is his grizzly old grandpa! Man! That drives his mom and grandma nuts! Just plain NUTS! More :)

--Grandpa seal killer
ps Maybe it's because I bought him a gun. He turned a year old and didn't have a gun! What's up with that? Anyway? I swore Grandma to secrecy. I told his Dad I'd put him in a permanent time out if he told . . . at least for several years.
You are what you write.
heisler0

Post by heisler0 »

I got an Arbor press from grizzly about three years ago. It took three tries before i got one that wasnt broke. Frist one broke clean in half second was just cracked. But grizzly was great to deal with never any issues quick to resend. When i was talking to the lady on the last try she told me if it didnt work out with ups on the third time they would look for another carrier for the shipment but really wasnt concern about it because it all was at UPS expense!!
ronm

Post by ronm »

I have to be the contrarian again & brag on the delivery guys here...Fedex freight brought a pallet the other day w/a 38" tractor rim & a box of brake parts, the driver called ahead on his own phone to make sure I was home, backed the semi into my driveway, which is sorta steep, volunteered to pull over so I could back the pickup up to his trailer, & set the pallet in the pickup w/his lift gate & pallet jack, so I could deliver it to my customer...and UPS guy parks out in the road half the time & carries the package to the house-about 150 ft., so he doesn't have to pull out of the steep drive...always courteous, very rarely any damage...I dunno, maybe people ARE nicer here in Happy Valley, like the tourist bureau says... :wink:
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

I wasn't aware UPS handled items like bandsaws. I thought they had weight and size limits?
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

UPS Freight.

Not the UPS standard package delivery service.

Same with FedEx. There is FedEx Freight as well as the FedEx standard package delivery service.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Ahhh....good old Fed-Ex freight....

They delivered, or sorta delivered a pallet of hydraulic hose & fittings here a few years ago. Wasn't a big truck, but the driver didn't want to negotiate my driveway I guess.....so he left it right by my gate....next to the garbage can.
Good thing i spotted it before the garbage truck showed up....cause it was hammered in transit, and looked like garbage more than new parts....expensive new parts, and I bet it would have been hauled off to the landfill.

In Montana, the regular Fed-Ex delivery guy didn't feel like waiting to get to the mine, due to the road construction goin' on. So....since there was a bar and restaurant right where the flagman was....he left my overnight package there. No call....no nothin'. When it didn't show...I called Fed-Ex, and they said it was delivered, and when they told me who signed for it....I headed to the bar....

It's a regional thing... I can tell ya horror stories and happy stories, with all kinds of package & freight companies.
UPS here, is wonderful.....Fed-Ex...notso much. I worked and lived in areas where the opposite is true. It's all people.....

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Torch wrote:I told him I'd meet him at the end of my driveway.
Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Al_Messer

Post by Al_Messer »

I was in the freight business for over 20 years, most of the time as a claim agent. Things have really gone to pot since Congress de-regulated the industry. It seems to me that nowdays, any thing goes and to heck with the customer. I'm glad that things worked out in spite of all the trouble and I hope you have loads of fun with the new BandSaw.

Al
Al Messer

"One nation, under God"