I thought that I would share this.

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Jose Rivera

I thought that I would share this.

Post by Jose Rivera »

It may come handy for some and teach others of what modern machining can do.

Can be seeing for free in-line:

http://www.reliableedm.com/Complete-EDM-Handbook.html

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaeEn1Gs4aQ

There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa
TimTheGrim

Re: I thought that I would share this.

Post by TimTheGrim »

Thanks Jose,

I ran wire EDMs for 16 years in job and die shops. One of the job shops on the east coast became
A proving ground for AGIE wires. They would come up with a new concept in a machine and send it
To us to see if it held up in the real world. I spent a couple years in the late 90s doing consulting work, helping shops wade through the hype from the machine tool salesman so they got the machine that best suited their needs. After they bought a machine I did training in both the machine and programming system. I ran Seibu/Eltee, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Sodick, Charmilles and of course AGIE.

Sadly I haven't touched one for almost nine years. I moved to the southwest and the company that moved me here was put out of business for a tax write off and there just weren't any shops here after that that weren't afraid of my résumé.

From stamping dies to patient specific custom medical implants, Wire EDM was a very rewarding if not stressful career. Thanks for that return to those thrilling days of yesteryear.

Tim
Illigitimi non Carborundum
'96 Birmingham mill, Enco 13x40 GH and Craftsman 6x18 lathes, Reid 2C surface grinder. Duro Bandsaw and lots of tooling from 30+ years in the machining trades and 15+ years in refinery units. Now retired