kool home machinist site

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

ZipSnipe

kool home machinist site

Post by ZipSnipe »

ronm

Re: kool home machinist site

Post by ronm »

I like the way that site is organized-clean look, drop-down menus...sort of mini-lathe oriented, but some good reference material...bookmarked it...
Thanks for the link
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

yeah I am stoked I found it, it is never ending the great mods and links to other sites and blogs. I was up late last nite digging around on it.
pt bridgeport

Post by pt bridgeport »

ZipSnipe wrote:Kool link I just found http://www.toolsandmods.com/lathe/chucks-repair
Thanks for the heads up. I did learn something new from it. They showed a picture of the "Norman Patent Tool Post". I didn't know they had a name.

My first "Norman" was scaled up from drawings that appeared in a book by Len Mason on building a small lathe. I liked the design so well, I scaled it up again for my 9" Seneca Falls. Both units were built from scrap on the lathes they equip.

While we're sharing web sites, Here's one for the folks who are unaware of it: lathes.co.uk

Tom
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Neat site. Useful stuff even if you don't have a mini.

How about this simple tool for cleaning spindle bores:

Actually, if had used gun bore cleaning patches, he wouldn't have had to cut his own.

Steve
deltaenterprizes

Post by deltaenterprizes »

Nice site, thanks for the link. I found a helpful chart with milling speed & feed chart.