Ko Lee

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Randall Va

Ko Lee

Post by Randall Va »

I have a Ko Lee tool grinder I bought a couple years ago and am just now getting to play around with it,it came with a Ko Lee collet fixture, but no collets,anyone know size collet it takes?Thanks Randall
Attachments
m1 garand 007 (Small).jpg
www.chaski.com
scmods

Re: Ko Lee

Post by scmods »

Randall,

Sorry, mine came with no accessories at all. The instruction manual from the factory was about $70 and had an explaination of the accessories, but little else. I'll see if it includes a size listing, but it may be proprietary.

Start looking for a 3 axis universal vise so you can get good reproduceable tool shapes. Also, there are oil wells under the table that are equipped with spools to bring the oil up to the ways. Make sure they are filled.

With a set of centers, you should be able to grind tapers as well, as the top of the table has an adjustment graduated in.

Nice tool!

Bill Walck
Randall Va

Post by Randall Va »

Thanks for the info,I just found out it is 5c,I have centers and a fixture for grinding tools
Attachments
m1 garand 008 (Small).jpg
www.chaski.com
Randall Va

Post by Randall Va »

Well back to the tool grinder! I have a 2-1/4 shell end mill I need to grind,I need to make some sort of spring loaded finger to index each tooth,any suggestions? Thanks Randall
www.chaski.com
wsippola

Post by wsippola »

Broken bandsaw blades work well. Grind the teeth down and shape as required. You want the tip of the spring to hit the tooth very close to 90 deg - that way it won't slip sideways when you apply pressure against it.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

About 95% of the time, you can find manuals online for nothing. I don't know if this one will help, but it's an example. I would never pay some holdup artist seventy bucks for a PDF.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/121540254/KOL ... ers-manual
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Torch

Post by Torch »

If someone with the required access wants to send it to me, I'll add it to the Old Machine Archives.
Randall Va

Post by Randall Va »

wsippola wrote:Broken bandsaw blades work well. Grind the teeth down and shape as required. You want the tip of the spring to hit the tooth very close to 90 deg - that way it won't slip sideways when you apply pressure against it.
Thanks Wsippola made this up this afternoon,think it will work fine!
Attachments
32 eds guitar 211.JPG
32 eds guitar 212.JPG
www.chaski.com