max v10b rebuild

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

golfpin

max v10b rebuild

Post by golfpin »

Hi all,
not really a new topic but different tack, desperately need a wiring diagram for that Maximat v10 p that I was rebuilding, it is powered by 220 volt single phase motor. It was indicated to try the Yahoo sight but I cannot get on, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Golfpin
hammermill

Re: max v10b rebuild

Post by hammermill »

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=max ... edIndex=38

do a search on the max v10b wireing diagram and this is what shows up in google images looks pretty straight foreward I would print out copies for your folder on the other assemblies.as well. copis of the manual aare available on other sites for 35.00. good luck
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

very many thanks to all who replied will, give it a whirl am also taking "lessons" on how to take pics with the idea of putting them on site.
Cheers Golfpin
lakeside53

Post by lakeside53 »

If the push button array is giving you problems, toss it in the garbage and build what I did. The following is for a 120v USA system, but yours will be virtually identical except maybe the start capacitor. If nothing else, it will help you figure out how it's actually wired (which is almost impossible from Emco's schematics).

golfpin

Post by golfpin »

Andy thank u so much for that, have just printed it feel sure must be able to go forward from here.
Golfpin
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

A belated thank you to PeteH have just found a reply of yours. On the wiring issue my machine wire color codes do not match anything that all you great guys have sent me but can I ask another question, Regardless of Euro -----Usa col coding, I seem to be able to identify Earth, Neutral and power this should get me going here is, my dilemma the large bundle has 7 wires 3 of which are E N P leaving 2 others but they can be connected because of col coding this leaves 4 black wires..... I cannot fathom out how to reconnect these to the "other black wires" know all you guys who are electrically able are falling all over the place but I am not an electrician! Any help would be appreciated.
With thanks Golfpin
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

Mornin all.
Back again, V10 p rebuild think I have discovered why wiring diagrams you good people have put me onto have not matched my lathe . I t appears that my model is a "MENTOR" this uses different switches etc any one perhaps know of a wiring diagram for this beast its correct name is I believe maximat v10p Mentor. I have tried and got quite a good feed under the name AULDOOLY but the most important part for me the color code [numbering] of the drum switchs panel is too poor to read can anyone help please.
With thanks to all who have tried to help with me giving the wrong info.
Golfpin