Center drilling (More basic questions)

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

spro

Re: Center drilling (More basic questions)

Post by spro »

I haven't experienced a bidet. Wouldn't a person need some TP to dry off ? Or what?
A fellow was talking about the old outhouses: One type had a crib with corncobs, another type had one corncob on a string. joke.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

spro wrote:I haven't experienced a bidet. Wouldn't a person need some TP to dry off ? Or what?
A fellow was talking about the old outhouses: One type had a crib with corncobs, another type had one corncob on a string. joke.
Yeah! Good question! Now that the Sears 'big book' long since gone and is no more!!

;)
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

spro wrote:I haven't experienced a bidet. Wouldn't a person need some TP to dry off ? Or what?
Or what! The ones that I experienced offered luxuries such as heated or cooled seat, numerous water jet cleaning cycles and temperature, and variable air dry.

There were usually warm white towels on the counter... :arrow:
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Boy, this discussion went down the toilet pretty quickly.

Steve
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

Center drill to bowel excavation... one could imagine several terrible paths between the two.

All right, for those of you who are open to such ideas, here is how one's rear is cleaned out east; A container of water [about a pint] is held in the right hand behind the back at the bottom of your spine.
There is a dedicated vessel used for this job, which is not used for anything else.
Pouring water in a steady thin stream, the left hand reaches under and is used to clean your nether zone.
With practice, this can be done without wetting much other area. Some use towel drying [paper towel, not toilet paper].

This practice can [sometimes] cure hemorrhoids. Worked for my dad.
Obviously, good hand washing afterwards is a vital component. Still, in eastern cultures the left hand is considered permanently unclean. If you hand over money with your left hand in a market for instance, a trader will just stare in stunned shock. Eating is right hand only; there are many more cultural weirdnesses of course.
spro

Post by spro »

This is good to know, especially since the rest of the world is here now. There was a day when you crawled out of a project, cleaned off and went to buy a part or a six pack. There was grease under the fingernails and that would show you were actually working on something. It may have said something else to another. I think it is gross compared to actual TP and paper which can be flushed away. We need to wind this back to bidet and wind out of the sub subject.
I thought the bidet had like a high pressure sprayer and an electric dryer. Then a little paper was all. Still, "watching the left hand" is important.