This weeks score Bison 5-C collet chuck

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Evans

This weeks score Bison 5-C collet chuck

Post by John Evans »

Well my tool dealer friend decided to try to clear out a bunch of slow moving tooling ,his employee spent the last several weeks putting price tags on a bunch of stuff. So as of 3-26 25% off marked and every 2 weeks another 10% off. This was marked $200 so 25% off and got him to throw in a backplate for it. Just can't have tooooo many tools can we? Down side is it takes forever to change a collet with the T wrench. Grabbed a piece of 5/16 square and matching collet and made a tool for my cordless drill,really speeds up collet changes. Made a similar tool long time ago to speed up jaw reversing on my 16" 4 jaw on the big lathe. The big step on that chunk of CR was .060 depth at 700rpm ..006 feed with a ceramic insert just for kicks. Looked up the chuck price in the last ENCO catalog Wow! close to $700 !!
Attachments
Collet chuck 001.JPG
Collet chuck 002.JPG
www.chaski.com
BadDog

Re: This weeks score Bison 5-C collet chuck

Post by BadDog »

Has he got another one? ;) Good score, congrats. I got a great deal on a Pratt Burnerd 4 jaw when he moved locations several years back.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

Nope Russ that was the only one. like I said he has a sale going on for the next few weeks ,week from coming Monday discount will be 35%.
www.chaski.com
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

If you come across an L-00, ER collet chuck from your buddy, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep me in mind. :mrgreen:
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

I haven't even been to his current location, I should make the time to go down and look around. Not that I need to spend more money or collect more stuff. <shhh, wife might be reading>
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper