South Bend 16" Lathe Part Number

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Bill Shields

South Bend 16" Lathe Part Number

Post by Bill Shields »

I am wondering if anyone has the 'REAL WORLD' part number for SBL part: PT442FH1

These are the ball bearings on which the 4 step flat belt pulley rides down inside the foot (directly above the motor) of the 16" SBL.

Getting at these things is a real PITB...even changing the 4 drive v-belts requires major 'take it aparts'.

One of them on my SLB started making a racket last night and I guess it is time to replace them both...considering that they are older than I am.

Don't mind paying SBL for them if they are 'really special'...but I really doubt that they are. Just getting in there to measure it virtually impossible without taking everything apart - and for now the lathe is still running...

It's going to take 6 hands to get the motor and this shaft out, so while I have people here helping me, I would rather make the change and
put it back together instead of measuring and ordering and having friends come back another day.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.