Multifix Tool Post From Germany

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

Multifix Tool Post From Germany

Post by FLtenwheeler »

I just purchased 3 tool holds (AD2075, ED20100, and BD25120) from PeWe Tools Limited. They are on eBay as multifix4usa. I just wanted to let everyone know that these are great tool holders. They fit the Multifix tool posts just like an original holder. They are not tight like some of the after market holders. PeWe Tools Limited have all of the sizes in stock.

I will be ordering more.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
spro

Re: Multifix Tool Post From Germany

Post by spro »

Great info. Some of the Pro's here, swear they are the best system.
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

spro wrote:Great info. Some of the Pro's here, swear they are the best system.
Once I started using one I dislike using the other styles.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
whateg0

Post by whateg0 »

I bought a set of Optimum from Grainger on close out. Ended up liking it, but I need to shell out a bunch more money to replace all the BXA tool holders already in use. I ordered a tool holder from Create Tool and it fits, but as you mentioned, it's a little snug going on and off the toolpost. In fact, i meant to email them about it. The Optimum tool holders aren't as free as I'm used to on the Phase II tool post, but as long as you can wiggle them a little, they aren't too bad. It would be nice to be able to compare all of these side-by-side. What is the diameter of the holes and the "pins" on yours? Maybe I should look to them for toolholders?

I did get an email from Create Tool that said they had toured the factories of other makers before choosing the place that makes their setup. I don't remember if she mentioned PeWe or not, but the communication is very good though.