Delta 11" Lathe

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

kroll

Re: Delta 11" Lathe

Post by kroll »

Guys I haven't been keeping up here,my lathe is coming along but at a snails pace which fits me.This lathe had/has so many issues I gave up keeping count and just deal with them one at a time.But one thing that I did was put my tailstock back together with the help of another who cut me a keyway for the hand wheel which was just using a set screw.
Attachments
IMG_0665.JPG
kroll

Re: Delta 11" Lathe

Post by kroll »

Today was a good day,I receive my brand new class 3 threaded nut and new threaded rod that was machine to work with my taper attachment but the guy I pick this up from also has them for without taper attachment which is what he has.The guy needed to make couple for his self so while he had the setup he made few more.I also had found new reverse gears for the lathe my old ones were wore out,the teeth came to a point and when I over lap the old gear with the new dang the OD was also smaller.I hope to finish up the carriage but one of the small pins that works the swarfs cover is broken off flush so I need to try drill out the old one.
Attachments
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG