New Lathe

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Mossy

New Lathe

Post by Mossy »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for allowing me to join you. I've been machining and/or QC as my vocation for the last 40 years. Yup, I'm old!
Anyway, I built a home workshop in anticipation of having fun when I retire in a couple years.

So far, I have a Series I 2HP Bridgeport, a Miller 211 Mig, Miller Diversion 180 Tig and many tools.

I just restored an old 10" Sioux Pedestal grinder. It's a nice old machine.

So my new lathe is supposed to ship this coming week. I'm pretty excited about it. I ordered a Precision Matthews 1236
with the Baldor motor, DRO and heavy base. I hope you guys can give me some insight on this machine.
I'm hoping they're pretty nice units. Matt seems to be a great guy to deal with.

Thanks again!
Packard V8

Re: New Lathe

Post by Packard V8 »

Welcome. I'd never seen or heard of them, so looked it up.

http://www.precisionmatthews.com/support/faq/

jack vines
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Welcome aboard, Mossy.
We're a relatively laid back bunch here, and quite willing to help others. We number amongst our readership many who have extended industrial experience, so you've come to the right place if you hope to gain knowledge and have pleasant exchanges with others.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Thanks guys. I hope to hang around for a long time.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Where do you call home?
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Marquette, MI. I moved up here 20 years ago and love it. Pretty harsh winters, but I like them as well.