clausing 5900 power feed advice

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

1959Pan

clausing 5900 power feed advice

Post by 1959Pan »

my first post on the forum and i need help already.

My 5900 needs adjustment to the longitudinal power feed. i find it necessary to press against the lever to keep the apron moving. anyone have any experience with this issue?

thanks. Ron
elm53

Re: clausing 5900 power feed advice

Post by elm53 »

hi , i am in the middle of rebuilding a clausing 5914. Sounds like the clutch needs to be adjusted. If you call Clausing with the model number and cereal number their tech dept can get you the correct manual. There were a bunch of variations of this machine so getting the correct manual makes all the difference.
Clausing
800 323 0072
Ask for the tech dept. They are very helpful . Best of luck
spro

Post by spro »

Great advise yet I wonder about what is going on. "Lever" tells me that the half nuts are slipping. All Clausings have either a slotted lead screw or mostly a separate slotted rod to drive that feed. The positions are firm and locked.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

elm53 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:28 amIf you call Clausing with the model number and cereal number...
Would that be Frosted Flakes® or Mini-Wheats® you're having? :D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D