WT. lathes any good

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

WesMC

WT. lathes any good

Post by WesMC »

any info on WT lathes mills 13x40 gap bed 2hp .I am looking whole sale tool . WTTOOL.com.Thay are in my area
millman5

Re: WT. lathes any good

Post by millman5 »

WesMC wrote:any info on WT lathes mills 13x40 gap bed 2hp .I am looking whole sale tool . WTTOOL.com.Thay are in my area
Without looking I'm pretty sure they are about the same, or maybe exactly the same other than paint color as: Grizzly, ENCO & a host of other china imports.

They are at best a fair machine for home use.

I have a 14 X 40 ENCO that is a bit better machine & has held up pretty good for utility use in a production shop. This appears to be identical to mine. http://www.wttool.com/product-exec/prod ... _WT_Import_

Of course the money is double. I'd also imagine it's a much more rigid machine. That is as far as import China equipment goes.

Your machinery dollar will be best spent on older American made machinery. As long as you have the time to search & have the ability to determine if a used machine is still in decent shape or just a pile of iron with a shiny new paint job on it.
If it works Don't fix it....
tailshaft56

Post by tailshaft56 »

I reccomend you look. If they have it in stock they will probably uncrate it for you to inspect. I bought my mill/drill from them after inspecting it. I'm very pleased with it.

Good luck
Dennis.