EMCO Compact 5 CNC lathe

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

WJH

Re: EMCO Compact 5 CNC lathe

Post by WJH »

Why not put your own Step and Direction controllers on it, like geckos, and run Mach or VMC? Your 99% there already.
scsawall

Post by scsawall »

James i was pulling my hair out with the same problem for a week. The yahoo compact 5 Group had a thread about the capacitors going bad on the circuit. I took it to an electronics guy who supposedly checked the caps as ok. I decided to change them out anyways and $3.50 latter in parts and with a bit of adjustment in the pot, wah lah up and running. Let me know if uo have a problem identifing which ones and i can send a pic when i get home.

Steve
Jose Rivera

Post by Jose Rivera »

The caps on my Maximat V10-P where giving me trouble.
The machine has a double speed per every gear change, the second faster speed is done by the capacitor making the motor go to double speed of sorts.
I change the capacitor and it worked fie for a while, but a the top speed it still bog-down.
What I did is to add the older cap in parallel and now it works as expected.
There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa