taiwanese lathe spindle

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

AlanKay

Re: taiwanese lathe spindle

Post by AlanKay »

Looks like mine cannot be removed, I'm happy tho, just fitting a new tool post then have to find some decent 12mm tools in Melbourne. any recommendations.

I do however not understand something, On the front of the late is the pitch guide, with all gear setups, I get that. there is one section that says, Thread indicator plate, and it lists 4 gear sizes. Im lost as to what that is. I will include the pic if anyone can explain....
IMG_4074r.jpg
Dale Beatty

Post by Dale Beatty »

Hi I have bought a Shun Shin lathe, it is wired for 3 phase but has no motor, stepped pulley and no plate with the model number on it. Can anyone help me with what motor HP, RPM and the stepped pulley Diameters?
2018-07-21 09.14.41.jpg
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

AlanKay wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:19 am Looks like mine cannot be removed, I'm happy tho, just fitting a new tool post then have to find some decent 12mm tools in Melbourne. any recommendations.

I do however not understand something, On the front of the late is the pitch guide, with all gear setups, I get that. there is one section that says, Thread indicator plate, and it lists 4 gear sizes. Im lost as to what that is. I will include the pic if anyone can explain....

IMG_4074r.jpg
I think that "thread indicator plate" refers to a threading dial.
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

Yes to use a thread dial with metric threads you usually have to change the gears on it for various pitches.
www.chaski.com
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

Gina, since you declared to be a beginner it may not be offensive to tell you that the type of chuck pictured usually has two sets of swappable jaws and if you have the second set they may grip a 7" piece.

Telling such obvious thing to an expert would be offensive.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX