Kurt set KDMS 1

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

pete

Re: Kurt set KDMS 1

Post by pete »

I sort of did the same as you Cary. I bought a 1"-12" set of Starrett micrometer checking rods through MSC before I bought my gauge blocks. There still used more often than I thought they would be. Add some tight fitting sleeves and you can measure some quite long lengths pretty accurately, or even substitute for a dro on a lathe or mill.
Cary Stewart

Re: Kurt set KDMS 1

Post by Cary Stewart »

When I got home the other night I took a look at my HF Digital Caliper Instruction Book. I had noted on the cover when I purchased the two calipers. It was March 2013 so I have gotten more use out of them than I had thought. The boy even less than my self.
Also noted was that fact that at some time prior to my version these $10.00 calipers had slightly different ON/OFF functions. The Instructions say that the blue button (mm/inch selector) also in the ON switch and the red button is the OFF switch. My calipers have the ON/OFF switch functions on the red button. On both old and new the yellow button is the ZERO set.
I wonder when they changed the functions of the blue button.
Cary