Cincy Mill

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

olcop

Cincy Mill

Post by olcop »

Recently acquired a Cincy Toolmaster--1-C, and need some items such as handwheels, cranks and a knee crank.
Is there a dealer like Joe at Plaza Machinery that deals with Cincy used or reproduction parts?
Thanks for any help or advice.
olcop
Jaxian

Re: Cincy Mill

Post by Jaxian »

Try Bob Rowe at Rowe Machinery. He has 3 or 4 Toolmasters and lots of parts.

Rowe Machinery
(831) 458-9181
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

olcop wrote:Recently acquired a Cincy Toolmaster--1-C
Pictures! :D http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... 43&t=84829
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
olcop

Post by olcop »

I emailed Bob Rowe, he doesn't have parts for the Cincinnati Toolmasters--does have 2 Toolmasters for sale---but I sort of got the impression that the Toolmasters he sells are a brand name of "Toolmaster", rather than a model name of a Cincinnati Mill---but, I could be wrong.Nice guy though, he answered me back in about 3 minutes.
NOTE NOTE
I was missing a crank for the head travel on my mill and also missing the knee elevation crank---a fellow member from another forum sent me an email with two ebay listings attached, one for the head crank and one for an aftermarket manufacturer who sells a product similar to the "Crank yanker", they emailed me dimensions to check, they were spot on and I now have a head crank and a knee elevation crank on order.
PM me if you'd like the name and address of the elevation crank mfgr, they make them for a variety of mills, not just Cincy.
olcop
olcop

Post by olcop »

neanderman,
Computer is down at present so can't download pics from my camera, soon as the new part arrives and ai get it installed, L'll post some pics.
olcop
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Handwheels and cranks show up on eBay regularily. Look for maybe an 8" wheel for a cinncy mill. Took a few weeks, but I found a couple of nice wheels for my Van Norman Mill this way...
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
wlw-19958

Post by wlw-19958 »

Hi There,
olcop wrote:neanderman,
Computer is down at present so can't download pics from my camera, soon as the new part arrives and ai get it installed, L'll post some pics.
olcop
So, how did you post this reply?

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb
olcop

Post by olcop »

wlw-19958 wrote:Hi There,
olcop wrote:neanderman,
olcop
So, how did you post this reply?

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb
Got an Acer Chromebook 11 as a back up device, but don't know how to load pics to it from a digital camera, (or, even if it can be done)
rearranged the house and moved the office and am waiting on wireless conversion parts for the desktop.
olcop
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

If you buy from Joe, make sure you insist on using a credit card or Paypal.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

McMaster-Carr has lots of hand cranks.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
Jaxian

Post by Jaxian »

olcop wrote:I emailed Bob Rowe, he doesn't have parts for the Cincinnati Toolmasters--does have 2 Toolmasters for sale---but I sort of got the impression that the Toolmasters he sells are a brand name of "Toolmaster", rather than a model name of a Cincinnati Mill---but, I could be wrong.Nice guy though, he answered me back in about 3 minutes.
His machines are Cincinnati's not some weird branded thing. I know he has the two for sale at the moment as I keep having to step around them when I am there. I am pretty sure he has another at home. Just figured he would have spare parts too as I have seen him with as many as 4 of different vintages and types. Apparently some are made in France and have other quirks. I like the power overarm ones and the NMTB 40 head on the back side of the ram. But none of that helps you so just mentioning it. Those ones were all his personal machines at one time or another as a Toolmaster will easily outperform a Brideport/clone of the same size as you no doubt know so figured he might have cached some extra parts.