I love my SAJO horizontal mill !!

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

BadDog

Re: I love my SAJO horizontal mill !!

Post by BadDog »

spro wrote:Hi Russ. As you are well aware, there is over-extension and consumptions of different types. What seems practical to deny yourself while you can use it, may not look that way in another decade. We are reaching an apex of available classic omniversal and universal milling machines. The economy is reaching a tipping point by an axis. The next few months will decide what that axis is but there is health consumption also. Why build a perfect shop when you are too old/worn out to use it. Conversely, why not build it while you can?
Plus, we get to hear about it :wink:
You offering to bankroll? ;) I'll make a deal. Someone cover the cost of the huge steel building shop, and I'll take care of filling it with unnecessary machines! Well, after I get through paying for the divorce...
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
spro

Post by spro »

On your dime, of course. Why mess with a good thing? It is timing and perception, both of which you aren't lacking.
Sunset Machine

Post by Sunset Machine »

Form cutters from carbon steel, file the form to a layout line...
Ultra-low spindle speeds.
Attachments
IMG_0493.JPG