Old reader but new member

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Oliver

Old reader but new member

Post by Oliver »

Hi everybody,

First of all : excuse my american, I do not practise for years ! :lol:

My name is Olivier, and I'm living in France(nobody is perfect ! :oops: ) I (try to) read your posts for several years : there are great, thank you for the informations and realisations.

Last week I've bought an Induma variable speed head milling machine : here are the pics from the seller. The paint looks new, but lot of parts do not work ... Big job before it runs again...
I've decided to fix it myself ... Hope I'm capable :?
I'll certainly have many questions. Your answers would be helpfull.
Attachments
P1070369.JPG
P1070370.JPG
P1070371.JPG
P1070372.JPG
GlennW

Re: Old reader but new member

Post by GlennW »

Welcome Olivier!

Very nice machine!
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
pete

Post by pete »

Yep welcome from me as well Oliver. And your English is far better than my 3 words of French and I supposedly live in a bilingual English/French country.

Nice mill. Iduma's are supposed to be pretty good machines. Looks like yours has the power feeds on the spindle as well as what looks to be a built in motor for the table feeds. Other than the head the rest of the machine is pretty simple and if there's any problems there it shouldn't be too tough to figure out what they are.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Don't worry about your English. I'm sure you will gradually discomfer your embibulation, and you will be exemporating like a pro in no time.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Thank you for your encouragements, I'll try to do my best ... :D
I also have in my shop (garage is more appropriate) a De Vallière H130 leathe, an old Jung grinding machine, a Guinot band saw and a Cincinnati Chomienne mill.
All borned in the 60'. The older they are, the more I love them !
I'll post soon some pics.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Oliver wrote: an old Jung grinding machine
That's some serious hardware there!
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
spro

Post by spro »

Yes. Welcome here. I still marvel over that Induma. I've read they are great machines. The huge head is like a horizontal milling machine with #30 or #40 taper. The table looks good too. Serious machinery :D