Birmingham 1054 with micropath controls

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Rawley13

Birmingham 1054 with micropath controls

Post by Rawley13 »

I just purchase a Birmingham mill in hopes of starting my own fab machine shop. It's missing 2 servo motors, and the floppy disk to boot computer. I cant find hardly any information on this setup. Im really wondering if anyone has parts or knows where I can find some. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
1478360216324-1033298504.jpg
spro

Re: Birmingham 1054 with micropath controls

Post by spro »

Firstly, I don't know a whit about your machine. I DO know there are others here, who can help you. If I were you, I would supply more clues about the system which drives the missing servos. That would be on some circuit board or somewhere.
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

I'm seeing a bottomless money pit. Most likely the reason those parts are missing is a lack of support for that style control. First beginner lesson when buying a CNC machine -under power and working !
www.chaski.com
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

John Evans wrote:I'm seeing a bottomless money pit. Most likely the reason those parts are missing is a lack of support for that style control. First beginner lesson when buying a CNC machine -under power and working !
Or you could ditch the old system and use a new, modern control system ;-)