Adcock & Shipley 2AGU.

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

NortonDommi99

Adcock & Shipley 2AGU.

Post by NortonDommi99 »

Hello all,
I,ve got an Adcock & Shipley 2 AGU sitting under tarps in the front drive waiting for a new shed so I can pull it in my garage where 'valuable stuff' is now.
It runs and has a slice in table + a few dings and the table feed is broken. It came with a vertical head that is worth what I paid for it. Before I delve to far I would like to gather as much information as possible. I have the manual from www.Lathes.co.uk which unfortunately does not have any exploded diagrams or drawings of the table gearbox. Cover off, from what I can see it has proberly been 'crashed' and a circlip popped, no teeth missing on any gears that I can see but some wear on one side of input shaft that does not look to be a big deal to right.
My questions are these: Does anyone have information on this machine and in particular the table feed gearbox?
Any and all comments, suggestions and help gratefully appreciated.
= Barry.
Attachments
What it should look like..jpg
Name Plate.JPG
HPIM0042.JPG
HPIM0043.JPG
HPIM0044.JPG
spro

Re: Adcock & Shipley 2AGU.

Post by spro »

That appears a remarkably neat horizontal mill. That is a #2 size in the States. Well was and then has two OA supports. I have nothing to add to your search.
spro

Re: Adcock & Shipley 2AGU.

Post by spro »

The problem with me saying most nothing,
it clouds your original search.
Adcock & Shipley 2AGU Table Gearbox
Adcock Table feed
Adcock mill table, Adcock Shipley feed
It is there someplace.