Mill "transmission" For The Rockwell Mill

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

wlw-19958

Re: Mill "transmission" For The Rockwell Mill

Post by wlw-19958 »

Hi There,

The mill is starting to look like Rockwell's predecessor,
the Centrex Vertical Mill.

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb
platypus20

Re: Mill "transmission" For The Rockwell Mill

Post by platypus20 »

I worked on the mill today, the people at work have kept me busy. Making and then remaking a burner adapter (was told that the plate was 14" x 14", but apparently the minion can't read a tape rule, as it was really 17" x 17"), a 12" stack damper and a few other parts. So I had no time for the mill.

As I finished up the stack damper on Friday night, it was time to get back to the mill. I changed the motor drive sheave/pulley and then checked the speeds through the sheave combinations, low is now 85 rpm and the max is 5893 rpm, much more usable, than the original combination.

I work on the table and knee adjustments, got them to move very smoothly and with very little backlash.

The 4" Shars vise, I got, is very nice. I'm still waiting for Grizzly to actually ship me the correct t-nuts. Between mills, rotary tables, drill presses, and other equipment, I have 9 different size t-nuts.
jack