Anyone have any info on this horizontal?

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

79fairlane

Anyone have any info on this horizontal?

Post by 79fairlane »

Hi all,

Picked up a small horizontal mill yesterday. Manufacturer is "Coronet". The previous owner had no manuals or any info on it other than it was his fathers and he thinks it is about 1950's in manufacture date. A search of the internet turns up zero info on it or the manufacturer.

It is single phase 240V, has power feed, has a mechanical coolant pump on the side, and from a quick look the taper is MT3.

Have any of you seen one of these before, or have any info on it? If someone had a copy of a manual that would be awesome.

I will be pulling it down off the trailer later this week, and starting the clean up of it.

regards,

Nathan.
Attachments
IMG_2767.JPG
IMG_2769.JPG
IMG_2768 - Copy.JPG
Nathan
SteveM

Re: Anyone have any info on this horizontal?

Post by SteveM »

You should take some pictures and send them to Tony Griffith:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/page21.html

He has documented more mills and lathe than anyone else on the planet, and if he doesn't have any info, he would like to document yours.

Steve
spro

Post by spro »

Some time ago, there was an update about Coronet. I remember seeing it but it wasn't my search. Very well may require photos as yours to complete the full intro/ description.
pete

Post by pete »

The same name was used for a line of precision small lathes in the U.K. I'd guess almost for sure yours was built in India though. Finding information on a fairly old horizontal that seems to be rare anywhere else is going to be tough. I tried a search and got nowhere. It's very time consumeing to do so, but my best suggestion is to jump through all of the hoops Google has and maybe try there translate to run a search with east indian search terms. Running a search in the correct language will return a lot more hits than only using English will. Even with finding the information Google translate doesn't work at all well with anything technical, but it usually works well enough to get it figured out. Knowing anyone who can speak east indian fluently would be a lot more helpful, but Google translate might find something. Be prepared for a lot of dead links and frustration though.