New DRO

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Mr Ron

New DRO

Post by Mr Ron »

I just placed an order for a DRO PRO. (http://www.dropros.com) It has an EL400 display and 10" and 20" magnetic scales for the X and Y axis. It comes with all the necessary brackets and hardware to mount to my Select 6x26 knee mill. This mill was built in 1977 in Taiwan and is in excellent condition. I bought it new. I am in the process of building another locomotive, but will wait until the DRO gets here so I can use it to cut the frames.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
RSG

Re: New DRO

Post by RSG »

Nice buy Ron, I have two of them and don't regret buying them. I'm likely going to buy another 4 axis model from them this fall as I just bought a new bigger mill.
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

RSG wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:28 pm Nice buy Ron, I have two of them and don't regret buying them. I'm likely going to buy another 4 axis model from them this fall as I just bought a new bigger mill.
The tariff war is going to make it much more expensive, as I was told by DRO PROS. Dan, the guy I dealt with was very pleasant to talk to and answered all my questions.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
RSG

Post by RSG »

Thanks for the reminder Ron, although I have gotten my units duty free from them in the past due to a tarriff exemption code I found. I have had them put it on the bill of lading. For some reason metrology is exempt from duties and taxes when crossing the border, or was....perhaps not any long with Mr Trump!
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
kroll

Post by kroll »

So DRO Pro's don't keep them on the shelves?Just yesterday starting to research DRO's and the EL400 is just a tad out of my price range but I was going to pull the trigger in couple weeks
NP317

Post by NP317 »

When I ordered the DroPros EL-700 4-axis kit 2 years ago, it was in stock and shipped the next day.
It installed logically, and has fully met my standards and needs.
~RN
Mill U-Axis6 small.jpg