Ordered new mill

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

EdK

Re: Ordered new mill

Post by EdK »

Bill,

I was too slow. Someone else got the last one. I'll just have to keep my eye open for another deal. The timing isn't quite right anyway. I'll be ready to look seriously in the fall. I'll probably look for a rebuilt Bridgeport.

Ed
Vectrax 14x40 lathe, Enco RF-45 clone mill, MillerMatic 180 MIG.
Morph

Post by Morph »

EdK,
Well, I owe you one. I will definately keep an eye out for deals, maybe I can return the favour that way.
That would be nice if you could find one locally and had confidence in your ability to test the machine for wear.
Im not yet very efficient at that task. I would have to get a 30 day free trial because thats probably how long it would take me to go through it. But I am sure you are up to the task.
I had a chance to get one locally for $3,200 at a machine shop I was doing electrical work at. It was a beast, cant remember the name though. Probably weighed at least 3,000lbs. Had power feeds built in at the factory. No dro though. It was just to big for my place. Plus I needed to check it out and I didnt trust myself.
With the new mill I will have plenty of time to check it out..
Bill
Flybynight

Post by Flybynight »

I Googled the TMM400
Got to love the Chinese to English Translation
PS They call it a Drilling Machine

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/3 ... M500-.html
Armed Men are Citizens, Unarmed men are Subjects.
jgedde

Post by jgedde »

Morph wrote:After EdK posted the link to Penn Tool I kicked myself. For that price and what you get I can make room for that mill. So I cancelled the enco order and ordered the mill in the link from EdK.
Thank you EDK for saving me.
Here is a picture of the mill I will be recieving:
A knee mill for about $2000? Sounds too good to be true. Even if it was metric and didn't have an R8 spindle, I would have jumped at it! But, I'm the new owner of a PM-45MPDF and can't look back now...

John
Morph

Post by Morph »

jgedde,

The mill I ordered came in and I posted it in the milling section under new mill arrival.
EdK has an Enco PM45 clone. He could perhaps give you info on your new mill.
Thanks for replying.
Bill