Grizzly G0704 Power Feed Installation Instructions -- Help

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

stud523bc

Grizzly G0704 Power Feed Installation Instructions -- Help

Post by stud523bc »

Hello,

I'm a noob machinist and new to the board. I'm curious if anyone has installed a Grizzly T23010 Power Feed on the G0704? My new mill arrived a few days ago and I purchased the T23010 power feed seperately. The power feed arrived with a few nuts and bolts and a scematic of the power feed box, but zero installation instructions for the box or the limit switch. It appears that you unbolt the left side table end and bolt on the power feed box, but I'm unsure. I'm also curious about the exact placement of the limit switch.

Unfortunately this is the weekend and grizzly support isn't available until Monday. If someone has been down this road could you advise me on the correct process? I'm just setting up my new toy and want to do it correctly without damaging any components.

Appreciate everyone's time with this question and any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Mini bike

Re: Grizzly G0704 Power Feed Installation Instructions -- He

Post by Mini bike »

I have this mill as well...Have the feed control with NO instructions...anyone put one on yet ? Please share how it was done !!
Thanx again
kd4gij

Post by kd4gij »

I have one on mine. Here is the instructions it is easy to install you can go here the instruction is in the files sec. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/G0704Mill ... =444321927
G0704 mill
Craftsman/atlas 12x36 lathe
4x6 vert-horz.band saw, Craftsman 113 table saw,and radial arm saw.
Mini bike

Post by Mini bike »

I got my power feed installed and works great. I still haven't found how to mount the kill switch and where??
Thanx again
kd4gij

Post by kd4gij »

Mini bike wrote:I got my power feed installed and works great. I still haven't found how to mount the kill switch and where??
Thanx again

The limmit goes on the front of the table. I didnot install it as I have an Igaging scale mounted there. You have to remove the table locks and the pointer.
Attachments
limmit.jpg
G0704 mill
Mini bike

Post by Mini bike »

Awsome !! Thanx for the pic !! I had no clue where to put it. Now reading some other threads...looks like some sort of DRO will be in the future. So I might just leave it off for nor.
Thanx again !!
stevec

Post by stevec »

I too, didn't install limit switches for my home made power feed but wonder if they/it could be installed on the back side of the table?
websterz

Post by websterz »

I would rather have a DRO than limit switches. I don't work close to the end off the table, nor do I walk away while the power feed is running. My limit switches are laying loose under the power feed on the bench. I will remove them one of these days when I have a free minute.
kd4gij

Post by kd4gij »

stevec wrote:I too, didn't install limit switches for my home made power feed but wonder if they/it could be installed on the back side of the table?

Enything you mount on the back of the table will take up y axes. I had my DRO scale on the back at first and lost about 1" of travle . If you want a dro and limmit switch and can live with the loss of travel, mount the dro on the back. The limmit switch needs to be on the front so you can adjust it for your needs. A good use for the limmit switch is when milling a long deap slot you can set the limmits on bouth sides and not have to watch the dro. I use them on the BP at work but didnot install it on my 704
G0704 mill