Troyke 12" Rotary Table

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

race5050

Troyke 12" Rotary Table

Post by race5050 »

I bought a Troyke 12" (BH-12) Rotary Table thinking I got a decent deal on it. After lubing it with machine oil, I was happy to see that it rotates very smoothly and works great. However, I then noticed that all of the oil I added had seeped out of the bottom. I flipped it over to see what was up and found a big square hole underneath that appears to be too perfect for a hack job. It seems to have served a purpose but I'm not sure what for. Maybe to connect to a DC motor and gears to run the rotary table? Anyone ever see something like this that may be able to provide some insight? I'm not sure how I will use the table and keep it oiled with that big hole there. Any input is welcomed.
Thank You.
Attachments
Troyke 12 inch-1.JPG
Troyke 12 inch-2.JPG
shootnride

Re: Troyke 12" Rotary Table

Post by shootnride »

I would try these folks:

http://www.troyke.com/index.html

They probably know a little about Troyke rotary tables :)

Ted
Some people raise the IQ of the room when they enter.........others when they leave.
race5050

Post by race5050 »

Troyke said it was likely field modified. Doesnt bother me or affect operation. Just a little messy when i lube it. Good enough for a home machinist.
Patio

Post by Patio »

You could make a cover for the hole.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!