Diamond Tool Company - Milling Machine

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Comstock-Friend

Diamond Tool Company - Milling Machine

Post by Comstock-Friend »

I have a Diamond Tool Co (Los Angeles) http://www.lathes.co.uk/diamond/ bench mill Model B-12 bench mill, s/n 1269, built 3/46. Search this site yields no results (search function needs work, we need a search: "Diamond Tool" (both words in that order). I get lots of "Diamond" with "tool", but no "Diamond Tool").

I inherited this from my boss, he used it to build several nice pendulum clocks, along with a 12" Atlas (the Atlas is long gone to an LALS member). The main horizontal spindle is (I think) B&S #9, there is a vertical head added with the letters "Type B" cast on the quill housing. It's spindle is either MT 2 or B&S #7, I haven't checked carefully enough.

Anyone have one of these??? Anyone in the SoCal area want one cheap??? If any interest, I'll post a picture or two...

John Friend
oldvan

Re: Diamond Tool Company - Milling Machine

Post by oldvan »

Comstock-Friend wrote:I have a Diamond Tool Co (Los Angeles) http://www.lathes.co.uk/diamond/ bench mill Model B-12 bench mill, s/n 1269, built 3/46. Search this site yields no results (search function needs work, we need a search: "Diamond Tool" (both words in that order). I get lots of "Diamond" with "tool", but no "Diamond Tool").
GOOGLE is happy to do what you described.

Good luck with your Milling Machine!
Comstock-Friend

Post by Comstock-Friend »

GOOGLE[/url] is happy to do what you described.
Nah, didn't want tool companies that use diamond tools, in LA or China, or where ever. I just though that this group had discussed this mill at some time (heck, Tony in the UK has a section!) and the search returned diamond tools but no "Diamond Tool Co". Guess no one has one...
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

You can restrict Google searches to specific websites. You can try entering these terms:

"diamond tool" site:chaski.org -"diamond tool holder"

But it won't work. Looks like Google hasn't caught many people here talking about that company.

I entered "diamond tool holder" with a minus sign to take that term out, because without it, you get irrelevant references to a certain tool holder.

You could try other boards, entering these terms: "diamond tool" -"diamond tool holder"

Go to Google, enter those terms, and click on "discussions."
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
rudd

Post by rudd »

Many threads over at PM on these, but I cannot get the search to work over there.
I just googled diamond+milling+machine and got an autosearch to

diamond horizontal milling machine

and got about 1.5 passels of hits.