Nice looking B&S #2

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

RONALD

Nice looking B&S #2

Post by RONALD »

I noticed a nice clean Brown & Sharpe #2 Milling Machine on eBay, it would make a great addition to a home shop. It's circa late 40's, early 50's, but it appears from the photos to have been kept in excellent shape for those many years.

My 1950's number 2, which I took out of a technical high school was dirty and greasy. I had to tear it down to move it, clean and repair it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROWN-SHARPE-Ho ... 3a8dfe620a
SteveM

Re: Nice looking B&S #2

Post by SteveM »

Neat. It's even got the vertical head.

Not a bad deal when you consider that you could pay that much for a Bridgeport and not be able to move anywhere near as much metal.

Steve
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Not only that, it's a "Universal" mill ( The table can turn for helical milling )

Nice
Rich
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

Not sure where I would put it, but I would REALLY love to have a universal V/H with power on all axis and about that size. But around here horizontals of any sort are super rare. Maybe someday I can pick up a K&T 2CH, and a Rotary Head, and, and... ok, where are my meds...
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper