Romulus build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Fred_V

Re: Romulus build

Post by Fred_V »

Kimball McGinley wrote:Can you tell me about those brakeshoes? I am looking for some like that!
They may have come with the castings for the engine from England. I think similar shoes are available here.
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
Fred_V

Post by Fred_V »

The last thing was to finish the brakes. I made the links to connect the brake hanger to the brake shaft. Bill brought an Ohlenkamp injector with him on Wed. and we plumbed it up before he left for home.

He took it to the Manatee track in Parish, Fl. last weekend and I got a lot of reports that it was running fine all weekend. Good news.
Attachments
brake linkage.JPG
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
Bill Yoder

Post by Bill Yoder »

Yes, Fred has done wonderful work on Romulus and we down in Sarasota thank him sincerely! We ran it for three days at the Parrish Florida Live Steam meet with a borrowed tender. Bill Yoder
djjh87

Post by djjh87 »

Fred_V wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:23 pm Cylinder drains finished today. The 3/16" ball is down in the threaded part with the pin to contain it.
I need to make the ramp bar and linkage to operate them.
Hi Fred, do you have a drawing of your cylinder cocks. Looks like they would be a good fit for my loco.
Thanks Jim
No problems just solutions.
Fred_V

Post by Fred_V »

Yes, I do Jim. What hole thread do you have in you cyl.?
Send ma an email to fredntoni AT cox.net
I can't seem to be able to send drawings to this site.
Fred
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.